1. Cut a large rectangle strip long enough to fit around the child's head, staple it into a loop. Make snips all the way around at the bottom of the hat.
2. Trace the resulting circle shape. Draw a circle 3" bigger than this on the outside.
3. Cut out along the outer circle and inner circle (you now have a ring).
4. Apply glue to the tabs created in step 1, and attach the hat band to the brim.
5. Make a buckle by cutting out a rectangle, fold in half and cut a small rectangle out of it. Glue it on.
6. wear it!